This week, we’re thrilled to introduce you to our owner and namesake, Kelly McVeigh!
I’m Kelly McVeigh - Owner and Creative Director of Kelly McVeigh Events. I am one of the few people you will meet in the wedding industry who actually has a Bachelor’s degree in Event Management. I also have a pretty extensive background in catering and customer service. I pride myself on being able to see an event from all points of view, including both the client side and vendor side. If we have never met before (and even if we have), here are some things you should know about me:
- I am an introverted extrovert. Whenever I take those Meyers-Briggs personality tests, extrovert edges out introvert by only about 5% to 10%. Here’s how I explain this: I love being the center of attention - I can stand in front of a huge group of people and talk for days about anything. However, the second you ask me to go into that same group and pick someone out to have a conversation with, I freeze. The thought of randomly walking up to someone in a crowd and starting a conversation scares me to the point where I purposely arrive late to networking events so that I miss the open networking part of things. I thrive on what I call “facilitated networking.” For example, I love getting a glass of wine with someone that I would like to get to know better, just the two of us. This way, I get to know all about that person/their business/the wedding they are planning and they get to see my real personality.
- I have always been an entrepreneur. Growing up, I would paint pictures on my brother’s Fisher-Price easel, set them up for display in my parents’ front yard, and then make my family buy them when they came to visit (or in the case of my parents, when they walked past me).
- I absolutely love food and wine. My mom always says that “some people eat to live and some people live to eat.” I am one of those live-to-eat people. As I write this, I’m trying to think of my favorite food, but I honestly can’t because there are so many. I can tell you that my favorite thing to do is go to a few different restaurants and split some appetizers at each one, with a glass of wine to wash everything down. My friend Jen calls this a “dine around;” I call it living my best life.
- I strive for perfection. I’ve become a little more laid back as I’ve gotten older, as I realize perfection is impossible. For all of you total perfectionists out there, take it from me, it’s better to accept this fact sooner rather than later. That being said, I like for things to be as close to perfect as possible. If you’re my client, this means I’m going to do everything within my power to give you the perfect wedding day. You want your escort cards placed exactly one-quarter of an inch apart? Done. You’ll only drink Veuve, but your caterer messed up and is serving Moet? No problem - I’ve got a chilled bottle of Veuve in my car. You need someone to “accidentally” spill red wine all over the guest who dared to wear white to your wedding? I’ve got you covered.
- I tell it like it is. I’m a straight-shooter and incredibly decisive. People come to me for advice because they know I’m going to give them my honest opinion.
I hope this gives you a sense of who I am and what you can expect from Kelly McVeigh Events. Do you want to find out more? Let's get together for a cup of coffee or a glass of wine!